BUYING A HOME OR PROPERTY
There are three stages to buying a house or property.
1. Before exchange
The land or house buying process begins before contracts are exchanged, we will;
- Review your contract and provide advice.
- Liaise with the real estate agent.
- Negotiate your requirements with the seller’s conveyancer, and
- Attend to the exchange.
2. After exchange and before settlement
Once contracts are exchanged, we will;
- Confirm with you that your exchange has taken place.
- Advise you when settlement is due.
- Liaise with the seller’s conveyancer regarding settlement.
- Organise any property title searches.
- Liaise with your lender about your loan.
- Prepare the necessary documents to ensure settlement progresses smoothly.
Upon settlement, we will;
- Prepare & confirm settlement figures.
- Liaise with you regarding these figures.
- Organise & attend Settlement.
- Advise you that the property is now yours and you can collect the keys.
What will you need to do?
- Inspect the property
- Pay your deposit
- Sign the Contract and Transfer documents
- Give us instructions from time to time
- Provide us with cheques for settlement, if necessary
- Arrange your moving day, and
- Organise the connection of electricity, telephone, gas and other services, after settlement and disconnection at your old place if applicable.