Dealing with a deceased estate can be difficult. Negotiating paperwork, legal jargon and family disputes can put unwanted stress when grieving the loss of someone important.
Michael J O’Doherty & Co. can help with;
- Interpreting the will of the deceased in terms of estate laws.
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights.
- Informing government bodies including Centrelink and Veterans Affairs.
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court.
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will).
- Applying for Letters of Administration (if the Will is deemed invalid or is absent).
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities.
- Obtaining valuations of estate property.
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts.
- Selling or transferring estate property including estate auctions.
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses.
- Advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts.
- Administering trust funds.
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries.
- Organising information for estate tax returns.
- Family mediation and negotiation.
- Contesting wills and defending estate litigation in the Supreme Court.
Call us to assist with your matter on (02) 98331144.